Reading Your Meter
We read your water meter quarterly. From these readings, we prepare an account of your water usage. The first account of the financial year contains the fixed charges.
- Read your water meter.
- Provide a detailed account.
- Accept and respond to any queries in a timely way.
- Replace your water meter as required and capture the consumption reading on the old meter.
You need to:
- Provide a clear space of at least 300mm around (horizontally) and 1200mm above (vertically) your water meter.
- Clear sand, mulch and prune overhanging shrubs.
- Ensure easy and safe access to the meter at all times.
Special meter readings can be arranged to determine outstanding charges for a period that is not the same as the usual billing cycle, i.e. at change of ownership or tenancy, but this attracts a fee that must be paid before the special reading.
Water Use Charges
Water charges are based on a pay-for-use system. To charge for water used we must read your meter or provide an estimate of water used. If you have a dispute regarding these charges, you can request a check read or a meter test.
- Review your bill on request and respond to your enquiry within 15 business days.
- Test your meter if you consider it is not accurately measuring water passing through it. There is a fee to test the meter and this must be paid before the test.
- After the fee has been paid, conduct the test within 10 business days of receiving your request, or at an agreed time.
- Estimate water use, if necessary, and provide a reason for the estimate (usually past average consumption).
- Notify you if your consumption is significantly higher than normal.
You need to:
- Notify us immediately if you dispute the estimated water use and request the bill be revised stating your reasons for the dispute.
- Pay your account.
Our Customer Complaint Form can be downloaded from our website – Form 5.
Billing and Payment Assistance
- Issue accounts or notifications of accounts to the owner of the property or their nominated agent at the last notified postal or email address.
- Provide mail and direct deposit payment options.
- Provide information about the Hardship Utilities Grant Scheme (HUGS) if you have difficulty paying your account.
- Provide information about our Financial Hardship Policy.
- Provide the opportunity to make regular payments in advance
You need to:
- Notify us immediately if you change your postal or email address, or ownership.
- Notify us immediately if you need a few more days to pay or are unable to pay your bill in full by the due date. One of our customer service representatives will handle your enquiry in confidence, and with fairness and compassion.
Our Customer Hardship Policy & Procedure can be downloaded from our website – Form 6.